Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
 
 
Services on 23-24 August: Bishop George's visit to our parish

On Saturday 23 August and Sunday 24 August we had services for the Afterfeast of the Transfiguration and in honour of the Holy Martyr and Archdeacon Euplus. Matins was served on Saturday evening. On Sunday morning Divine Liturgy was served, with His Grace Bishop George of Mayfield, Vicar of the Eastern American Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church outside Russia, presiding. Together with the parish rector, Hieromonk John (Macpherson) of the Holy Trinity Monastery in Monkerai and Deacon Constantine Moshegov of the Strathfield and Croydon parishes in Sydney concelebrated. Following the prayer before the Amvon a brief moleben of thanksgiving was served in observance of the sixty-fifth anniversary of the arrival in Australia of Archpriest John Lupish on 19 August 1949, the sixty-fifth anniversary of the first Russian Orthodox services in the Hunter Valley on 28 August 1949, and the fiftieth anniversary of the consecration of our church on 3 August 1964. After congratulating the parishioners on these significant milestones in parish life, Vladyka gave an edifying sermon on the Gospel reading for the day (Mathew 18:23-35), emphasising the importance of sincere forgiveness. At the dismissal, two parish awards were presented and eternal memory was sung for the departed founders, benefactors and parishioners of the parish. The parish rector thanked Vladyka for his pastoral care and presented him with a copy of the parish’s treasured icon of the Mother of God, Protectress of Newcastle. All afterwards gathered in the church hall for a Lenten banquet.

Photographs

Bishop George's visit to our parish - 08/24/14

(8 Images)


Share This:


 
 
Powered by Orthodox Web Solutions © Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church, 2017

Home | Back | Print | Top